- 53 percent have reduced idle time.
- 43.9 percent are considering purchasing more fuel efficient machines.
- 42.4 percent are running machines in “fuel efficient” mode.
When it comes to contractors involved in some type of landscape work, processing the materials on-site has become a huge way to save money.
Portable topsoil screens can provide the best of both: A fuel efficient machine providing ways to do the job with less trucking (thus fuel!) costs!
By re-using the topsoil, gravel and other natural material found at the job-site, contractors eliminate the need for trucking materials out and trucking new materials in.
According to the survey:
- 43.9% of the respondents said that from 30 to 50 percent of their operational budgets would be allocated to fuel costs this year.
- Just 13.6% of respondents who indicated that fuel costs were such a large portion of their operating budget in 2007.
- 12.1% of survey respondents said fuel expenses would be more than half of their operating budget this year, compared to 9.1 percent for 2007.