Because Sometimes It’s Better To Roll Than Shake And Rattle
If your operation screens lighter, wetter materials – mulch, topsoil and compost – a trommel screener is the way to go.
The constant tumbling action stirs up material over and over, fluffing it, adding air to lighten it, and keeping it contact with the rotating mesh longer. This action allows more material through faster and easier. Which makes the trommel the screener for landscapers, excavating contractors and municipalities.
So what makes the EZ-409 the better choice over other trommel screeners? One big reason is the small price. The price is low because we sell direct, one to one. No sales force. No inventory. No showrooms. No commissions.
Another reason is a whole lot of reasons: like a baked on powder-coat finish; vulcanized conveyor belts; a durable 50-HP Deutz diesel engine; auxiliary hydraulics for adding another stockpiling conveyor; and hydraulic jacks at the discharge end for proper tilt angle to adjust the material flow speed.
Like all EZ-Screen machines, the EZ-409 is easily trucked from job site to job site. Set up is quick, too. Working with a ½ to 1 ¾ loader, the EZ-409 is designed, engineered and manufactured to provide outstanding production for specialized screening operations. With its chain-driven heavy-duty rotating drum, the slipping that occurs in wet materials on wheel-driven competitive trommel screeners is eliminated.
“I call it my big, orange money machine.”
Desmond W., Windsor, VT
“Our EZ-Screen hasn’t had even a minute of downtime. Nothing but on-site productivity.”
David M., City of Kirksville, MO
“How does it compare with competitors’ screeners? Better and cheaper.”
Mark W., Arundel, ME
New! C-24 Self-Contained Diesel Drive Conveyor
EZ-409 Trommel Specifications
- EZ one-person operation
- Welded steel channel construction
- All EZ-Screen surfaces are sandblasted, then treated with a baked-on powder coat finish
- Maximum loading bucket width of 8’ 10” (2.69m)
- Feed height 8’- 9-3/4” (2.68m)
- Screen drum has a 4’ (1.22m) diameter and is 8’- 6-1/2” (2.59m) long
- 4 removable screen sections with multiple screen size options available
- Variable speed chain driven screen drum, 0-25 rpm
- Brush for screen cleaning adjustable from the ground
- Deutz™ D2011L03i, 48.7-HP three cylinder, diesel engine with hour meter
- Fully enclosed, lockable engine compartment
- 3-section hydraulic gear pump with replaceable spin-on hydraulic return filter
- 90-gallon hydraulic tank
- 28-gallon fuel tank
- 24” (60cm) feeder belt, 2 ply 3/8” thick vulcanized, hydraulically driven with a variable speed of 0-13 rpm
- 30” (76.2cm) fines conveyor belt, 2 ply 3/8” vulcanized, hydraulically driven with 7’-4-3/8” (2.24m) dump height
- 2 hydraulic operated jacks at tow bar end of machine
- Removable tow bar with adjustable pintle hitch
- DOT lights
- Single-axle with sealed wiring harness and electric brakes
- LT235/75R/17.5 trailer tires
- Overall length: 28’ 8-5/8” (8.75m)
- Overall width: 6’ 5” (1.96m)
- Overall height: 9’ 4-5/8” (2.86m)
- Weight at tongue: 1,640 lb. (743.89kg)
- Overall weight: 13,450 lb. (6100.82kg)
How Much Money Could You Make?
Fill in the numbers below to find out.
Designed by and built for Argus Industrial Co.
What is Section 179 and how can it save you money?
Section 179 is a part of the IRS tax code that allows businesses to deduct the full purchase price of qualifying equipment during the tax year. To read more about Section 179, check out the links below, along with their deduction calculator to find out how much this tax code could benefit your business. As always, check with your tax advisor for more details.